WagerWorks (IGT) Casino Software Review
- Name:Wagerworks (IGT)
- Established:2005 (WagerWorks)
- Location:Reno, Nevada, US
- Fun Mode:Yes, no registration required
- Real Play:Yes, wagers accepted
- Graphics and audio are good
- Highest paying progressive jackpots
- Top-quality Flash software
- Branded slot games appeal to contemporary players
Initially Wagerworks was formed as a subsidiary of Silicon Gaming; the latter was a reputable land-based slot machine producer. The company is based in the United States and it only operates internet casinos in fully regulated markets such as the UK and Alderney. International Game Technology (IGT) purchased Silicon Gaming in 2005. Since then WagerWorks started focusing primarily on the software side of Internet Gambling. Interestingly, WagerWorks could be regarded as the only internet gaming software provider that has its origins in land-based gambling machines.
Only instant play software is available on the WagerWorks platform. The quality of the instant play version is commendable and just as reliable as the download version of other gaming software providers. Two business models are used by WagerWorks. The first model offers an all-inclusive platform to internet casinos.
Apart from the gaming software, it offers features such as banking functions, customer support, promotions management, regulatory compliance and incorporating it into other internet gaming products. In the second model, Wagerworks enables internet casinos to download certain casino games from the Wagerworks server by incorporating it into their current software platform.
In total 80 plus casino games is offered by WagerWorks. Premium slot games that are popular with internet players are Battleship, Cluedo, Elvis, Jeopardy, Monopoly and Wheel of Fortune. The sound and video effects of the slot games are cutting-edge. One would like to see WagerWorks release more casino games more often, that said its new game releases always have some innovative features. For example in the Three Wheel Roulette, there are three sets of numbers on the roulette wheel and for every spin three numbers are called. Should a player’s bets match any of the numbers on the roulette wheel, a payout follows.
Players can adjust the quality of the graphics, with high speed Internet connections optimal graphics look very good. If the internet connection is slow the quality of the graphics could be reduced especially when wagering on slot games. The casino games have various customization features, like playing for free or for real cash, and enabling or disabling the audio function.
WagerWorks offers the highest starting progressive jackpot network in the internet gaming industry, it consists of three internet slots. If any of the three progressive jackpots are hit the jackpot amount automatically resets to £1.5 million. That’s why £1.5 million is the minimum payout offered by this network.
We’ve mentioned the pros of WagerWorks let’s have a look at some of the cons as well. Not many video poker and classic slot games are offered. Presently there are only nine video poker games on offer and only seven classic slot games. Internet casinos that operate on the WagerWorks platform do not accept players from the United States.
Internet gambling operators that use WagerWorks software are Virgin Casino, Kerching Casino, PartyCasino, Coral Casino and Sky Vegas.
Wagerworks Casino Software Details
- Sound and Graphics
- Thematically the internet slots offered by WagerWorks are outstanding. The graphics are innovative with a superb audio. Its animations compare well to industry standards too. The sounds and graphics in the table games are easy on the eye; especially the animation of dealing cards in blackjack games and the spinning of the roulette wheel are quite realistic. The dealer voices in the table games also add a touch of realism.
- Variety of Games
- WagerWorks offers approximately 80 plus internet casino games; this is way less than other internet gaming software providers. Casino games not included in the mix are Asian games like sic bo and pai gow poker and some poker variants. The slots games, especially the 5 reel Slots are well covered. There are a large number of branded slot games. Many varieties of blackjack, roulette and fixed odd games are offered. With only three video poker variants this category is below par, one of the plus points in the game variety is the amount of unique variants of table games on offer. These include games like Three Wheel Roulette.
- Regular Game Updates
- New internet casino games are added by WagerWorks on a regular basis, although not as much as one would hope. Despite the fact that the quantity of new games launched is less than that of some of the other internet gaming software providers, the new games are innovative and are equipped with some of the latest features. The emphasis is on quality as opposed to quantity, hence the reason they’re so popular at WagerWorks internet casinos.
- WagerWorks has only one progressive jackpot network with just three internet slots. Unfortunately when it comes to the amount of progressive games offered this could be the "Achilles Heel" of WagerWorks software. The reason why we’ve given the WagerWorks progressives a high score because this small progressive jackpot network possesses some distinctive features. For one,when a jackpot is won it resets to £1.5 million. In the internet gaming industry this is the largest starting amounts for any progressive jackpot. There are jackpots that have recorded wins for greater amounts than this, but none of them started at this level. An additional feather in the cap of this progressive jackpot network is that it has some of the best internet slots in the business. Two of these are branded slots based on popular board games like Monopoly and Cluedo. Cleopatra is the third progressive. Collectively these progressive games are called MegaJackpots.
- Instant Play Version
- The software offered by WagerWorks could only be played in the flash instant play version. It matches the quality of the download version of many internet gaming software providers when it comes to graphics, sound, features, speed and overall stability. A player can simply register an account at WagerWorks internet casinos and start wagering immediately in his/her browser. The games load relatively fast and do not take up any space on the hard disk of the player’s PC.
- Responsible Gaming
- One of the key features about the WagerWorks software is that it has a self-exclusion facility. Players who feel they have a gambling problem can contact the customer section of the internet casino and just state the time period they’d like to be barred from the casino.