The most common bonuses offered by internet casinos today are your match bonuses. Internet casinos make use of these bonuses since it enables them to alleviate the risk by giving out free money and to attract new customers.
Additional bonuses like the No Deposit Bonuses are more prone to bonus abuse from dishonest players. Percentage based match bonus requires a player to make a deposit in order to be given free money from the casino; basically it is a matched percentage of the player’s deposit. These bonuses differ from time to time as a result of new casino promotions.
We endeavour to explain the various percentage based bonuses below:
Match Bonus Examples:
- 50% Match Bonus: A 50% match bonus is an additional 50% to your bankroll on your first deposit at the casino. Strictly speaking if you deposit a $1000 and the bonus is a 50% match bonus up to $500 free the casino would give you an extra $500 to wager with on the house. Therefore your total bankroll would be $1500 to wager with.
- 100% Match Bonus: The 100% match bonus is the most popular match bonus offered by internet casinos today, since it’s fair to both the player and the casino. Players will receive an extra 100% bonus added to the value of their deposit, in other words the casino will match the player’s deposit amount up to a certain amount. For example, the bonus is a 100% match bonus up to $200 free. If you decide to deposit a $100 the casino will give you $100 free, should you deposit $200 the casino will give you $200 free. If you deposit $300 you’ll still receive $200 free since the limit on this bonus is $200.
- 200% Match or Greater Bonuses: In essence the casinos are risking their money, especially when it comes to bonuses exceeding a 100%. Casinos offering bonuses of 150% or higher will have stricter wagering requirements in place. On the 200% match bonus scheme, should a player deposit $100 he/she will get an extra $200.
- 400% match bonus up to $4000:
- It simply means if you deposit a $1000 the casino would give you an extra $3000 to wager with, therefore your total bankroll will be $4000 to wager with. Slots Oasis offers first time players this type of bonus.
- In order to qualify for most bonuses a minimum deposit amount is needed. Normally the amount that needs to be deposited is low (ie. $20 – $30) to claim the bonus.
You should realize that match / deposit bonuses offered as welcome or sign-up bonuses are normally a once off, however, some casinos offer regular bonuses and incentives to retain their players. In case the sign-up / welcome bonus entails a fair amount, make a sizable deposit to take advantage of the full deposit / match bonus offer.
Pay close attention to the following whilst looking at Match Bonuses
- Familiarise yourself with the casinos wagering requirements and its terms and conditions for any bonus.
- Note; anything that seems too good to be true…run! Players should be cautious of any bonus that’s exceeds a 500% match bonus. Important: The bonuses presented on our website by the various internet casinos we’re affiliated to are deemed reputable and fair.
- The majority of internet casinos’ wagering requirements stipulate that you wager through both the deposit amount and the bonus amount a certain number of times before you will be able to cash out. Certain restrictions are compulsory by a lot of casinos on specific casino games (blackjack requires a higher play-through than Slots) contributing to the play through, sometimes certain games won’t contribute toward the wagering requirement for a bonus.
Banking Match Bonus
Banking match bonuses are incentives to players who make use of a specific payment option (such as neteller or moneyline) whilst making a purchase at an internet casino. Many internet casinos struggle to process credit card transactions due to a number of issues associated with the processing of gaming transactions. To be honest, several governments across the globe don’t favour internet gambling and imposed certain regulations on financial institutions (banks) to prevent any financial transactions to go through if it seems like Internet Gambling.
It so happens that a first time player will make use of his credit card to make a deposit at internet casinos. If the transaction is refused first time players might misconstrue this as the casino is unreliable or whatever the case might be. Since credit cards are rejected at some casinos, many internet casinos offer players banking bonuses. A popular banking bonus is one where the player will get a percentage of the deposit plus other bonuses. For instance, should you deposit a $100 and the casino has a standard sign-up bonus of 100% match up to $100 plus a banking bonus then you’re entitled to an extra 20% bonus if you make use of NETeller, Click2Pay or myCitadel. Should you make a purchase by making use of these alternative banking options, your bankroll total would then be $220.
Note, alternative banking bonuses have a fixed maximum amount per deposit, with caps placed weekly or monthly. Read the terms and conditions for alternative banking bonuses at casinos before you making a purchase.
High-Roller Match Bonuses
High roller Match bonuses are offered to players who want to commit additional cash on their first deposit. These bonuses are less than 100% match bonuses and range 40 to 50% the deposit amount. The size of the bonuses and the amount depends on the casino and the type of promotion. Always read the terms and conditions when it comes to these type of bonuses.
New players who deposit $1,000 or more at Omni Casino will receive a $500 bonus. The player can wager with $1,500. However, upon receiving this bonus you must wager $15,000 before a withdrawal is permitted .
Refer a Friend Bonuses
Existing players who refer their friends to a casino and the friend registers a real money account, makes a deposit and then wagers, will automatically qualify for a refer a friend bonus. They come in the form of free casino credits transferred to your current account. Refer a friend bonuses range from $20 to a $100 per friend. Keep the following in mind, the player must not be an existing player of the casino and a minimum deposit amount must be made for you to qualify for your friend referral bonus. Amounts differ from casino to casino.
The online casino industry has become very competitive the last few years and casinos will do anything to retain their players. Casinos will splash out cash to keep a player wagering at their casino rather than losing them to the competition. Hence the reason internet casinos establish a loyalty rewards system to reward the most loyal players. This feature is done in land based casinos through a player’s club card. Loyalty rewards accrued at internet casinos can be changed into credits, this could be used to wager at the casino.
Herewith a simple illustration of a Loyalty Bonus:
Should you wager $10 you will receive 1 loyalty reward point and for every 1000 points you will receive $10 in casino credits. This could be cashed in at the casino.
Several casinos will need you to exchange your loyalty rewards points while others will do this automatically for you.
Free Time and Starting Balance
Free time bonuses and free starting balance bonuses are still new and presently only Microgaming casinos offer them. These bonuses work as follow; a casino will give a player a number of casino credits to play with for a certain period only. Once the time has expired any amount over and above the original amount given to the player to wager with is regarded as winnings. A deposit must be made by the player and meet a certain wagering requirement before any winnings could be withdrawn.
The free starting balance is similar, the only difference is there is no fixed time limit attached to the bonus.
Unfortunately both the free time and free starting balance bonuses can only be played in the download version at all Microgaming internet casinos. Always read the rules for these bonuses carefully before you start wagering. These bonuses differ considerably from one internet casino to the next.