Wagering at online casinos is a form of entertainment used worldwide by millions of people. Whilst the majority of people enjoy this form of entertainment a small percentage of people are unable to control their gaming habits and allow it to control their lives. Herewith some suggestions to help and to prevent your gambling exploits from spiralling out of control.
- See Internet Gambling as fun and entertaining, not a way to making a fortune.
- Do not gamble more than you can afford.
- Record the amount of money that you spend on gambling.
- Avoid trying to make up for previous losses.
- Use the self exclusion tools to cool off and take a break from gambling.
- Do not gamble under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- Know your limits and when to stop. Did you ever lose time from work or college due to gambling? Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy? Has gambling affected your reputation? Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
The following questions have been asked by Gamblers Anonymous to ascertain whether an individual is a problem gambler or not.
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Most compulsive gamblers will answer yes to at least seven of these questions.
For more helpful advice please follow the links below:
There are a number of ways to avoid people under the legal age limit to gamble online. Cassaon-casino encourages the following:
- Prevent children gaining access to your login details.
- Keep all credit and debit cards out of your child’s reach.
- Do not leave your computer unattended when logged in. Logout of your account if you are about to leave your computer.
- Use child protection software like netnanny and cybersitter. These allow you to control content from the web that is viewed on the computer.
- Self Exclusion / Closing of Account
For most players gambling should be fun and enjoyable. If players have a problem gambling they should contact the internet casino they’re about to wager at and request an option to restrict and limit their gambling. Strictly speaking players have the ability to self-exclude themselves from using their account or accounts.
Please contact Customer Services on 00800-2467-9261 or email [email protected] for information relating to this facility.[addtoany]