In a row beneath the Total Bets appear 15 Proposition Bets, laid out looking a little like dominos. These bets ask you to predict which numbers might show on two out of the three dice. Every combination is possible, except for the doubles (which could be recovered at the top of the layout). All these bets pay the same: 6 to 1 if you bet on the correct outcome.
This is one of the best bets on the layout, as the house edge is a meager 2.78 percent. Beware many internet casinos and some land-based casinos only pay 5 to 1, which makes it a terrible bet (16.67 percent house edge). Even worse is that some internet casinos display all their payouts in standard odds (5 to 1), and the change the display for this set of bets, offering 6 to 1, which at normal odds is only 5 to 1.
At the front of the layout are located six betting positions representing numbers one, two, three, four, five and six. A bet on one of these boxes predicts that the chosen number will be rolled at least one of the three dice. You receive higher payouts if the number appears on two or all three dice.
- If your number appears on one dice, you are paid even money, 1 to 1.
- If your number appears on two dice, you are paid at 2 to 1.
- If your number appears on all three dice, you are paid 3 to 1.
However, many casinos offer a bonus payout, it is possible that a three-dice payout at 7 to 1 and 12 to 1, and those extra payouts improve the bet for the player reducing the house edge.
At the standard 1 to 1, 2 to 1, 3 to 1 schedule the house edge is 7.9 percent. At the biggest bonus payout schedule of 1 to 1, 2 to 1 and 12 to 1, the edge is reduced to 3.7 percent.
- There are certain tables that also offer a series of combination wagers. These include:
- From a selection of numbers – 6543, 6532, 5432 and 4321, three of those numbers will appear in the next roll.
- The dice will show specific combination of three numbers in advance by the player.
- Two of the three dice will show a double, plus the third dice will show a specific number chosen in advance.
- These bets offer 7 to 1, 30 to 1 and 50 to 1 payouts respectively. The house edges are reported to be 11 percent, 14 percent and 15 percent respectively. No very good bets if you ask us.