The strategy for best play on individual Poker machines can be complex at times. Our aim is to give you a decent chance of success be it at land-based or at internet casinos. If you follow our guidelines you will significantly increase your chances of winning at Video Poker.
Your main aim in Video Poker is to hit the Royal Flush, since it pays the biggest price by far and it is linked to a progressive jackpot network. Your chances of hitting a Royal Flush with the cards appearing in any order is approximately 1/35,000, a regular player can expect to hit a Royal Flush at some point. There are plenty of stories of players hitting two or even three Royal Flushes in one session although this is a very rare occurrence.
We heard of a player from South Africa who missed his flight home when he hit a Royal Flush as he was about to leave the casino. A few hours later, preparing to depart for the last flight of the day, he hit another even bigger Royal Flush and ended up staying an extra night when he realized he wouldn’t make his later flight either!
It’s up to you to abandon all formats of standard play in pursuit of that illustrious Royal Flush. The good news is that there are just three golden rules which apply to all Video Poker machines. If you ignore these, you might as well hand your hard earned cash to the internet casino you’re wagering at.
- Proper Selection of the Video Poker Machine: By taking some time out to select your machine can mean the difference between a profitable, enjoyable session and a losing, miserable one. Find out by regulars if there are any trends worth following. The payout schedule will indicate the house edge for any given machine. Check the individual strategy notes to ensure that you are getting the best deal for your money. If you’re visiting Las Vegas, or another major casino resort, check online for recent reviews of Slot machines and payouts in one of the many free newsletters indicating the casinos that are the best to play at.
- Play Maximum Coins: This is the general rule with few exceptions. You’ll notice on the payout schedule that most machines pay the same award for each combination, simply by the amount of coins played. Therefore, on most machines Two Pair pays: With 1 credit played 2 coins, with 2 credits played 4 coins, with 3 credits played 6 coins, with 4 credits played 8 coins and with 5 credits played 10 coins. However, if you’re going for a Royal Flush, the payout looks markedly different: With I credit played 250 coins, with 2 credits played 500 coins, with 3 credits played 750 coins, with 4 credits played 1,000 coins and with 5 credits played 4,000 coins. The leap for the jackpot for five credits played provides a substantial advantage to the player. Playing five credits on this type of Jacks or Better machine, on condition you follow the simple strategy, will pay close to 99.5 percent back to you. Video Poker is one of the best games any internet casino has to offer, it gives you a chance of a substantial win (800 times your stake if you manage to hit a Royal Flush).
- Bankroll Management:Protecting your bankroll might not be exiting if you want to be a winner but it is essential nonetheless. The casinos have spent decades working out the best way to protect their bankrolls, and if you want to beat them at their own game, so must you.Decide on the amount of bankroll for a session. Make it between 50 and 100 times the stake for each play.
- Do not add to that bankroll. If you lose the session bankroll take some time off, gather your thoughts, and consider playing at a lower stake your next session. Do not believe that your Video Poker machine is any more likely to pay simply because you have lost some money. There is no correlation whatsoever.
- If you make a 50 percent profit on your session bankroll, take out half this profit plus your original bankroll. There is nothing worse than to make a profit through sensible, skilful play, and then lose it back to the internet casino as a result of indiscipline.
- Play the remaining money (25 percent of your original bankroll), and if you triple it then remove the original stake, and add it to your winnings. You now made a 50 percent profit. Continue to repeat this until you decide to bank your winnings and add them to your profits. To safeguard your bankroll, you must be prepared to close a session early. If you end one session early with a profit, it means you’ll have more time for your next session, be it on Video Poker, another Slot machine, or at the tables.